Thursday, August 28, 2008

Support Breastfeeding

I am really happy that my colleague is breastfeeding her new son. Hope she will have the determination and discipline to do this at least for 6 months. We are fortunate that the company now has a nursing room since beginning of the year and even more fortunate that it is located at our floor! But still I had to hogged the female toilet 30 mins, 3 times a day for 9 months to express breast milk before we had the nursing room!!

I really wish more companies in Malaysia will support and provide proper facilities for breastfeeding mothers. Many women I know chose not to breastfeed after returning to work due to lack of facilities in working place. Breast milk is the BEST. It has all the nutrition, DHA, and whatnot advertised by formula milk companies plus antibodies! For this simple reason, I wish more women will try harder before switching to formula milk. I know some women has gone to the surau, store rooms, meeting rooms and even the car to express breast milk. If there is a will, there is way.

3 comments:

boo_licious said...

that's really nice of your firm, most places don't bother at all. kinda sad, as breastmilk is definitely the best for the baby.

pumpkin said...

well...many MNC have started taking care of working-moms' needs like having nursing room, nursery etc. long time ago. But no complaint; at least there is a decent place to express breastmilk in office now :)

Anonymous said...

ya ya ya, my wife used to jam the toilet to express milk. so cham!